Sport and Community Development 2016
As the Christmas holiday season approaches, the Sport & Community Development team at Inclusion WA would like to take this opportunity to say thank you to all of the communities we have worked with throughout 2016.
It has been a very busy year working with communities from Port Hedland to Esperance and all those in between. We are extremely proud of the many positive outcomes we have been involved with in these communities.
To summarise our 2016, we just wanted to share a few of our key achievements with you.
· We have supported 192 volunteers state-wide to contribute 3,209 hours to sport and recreation. This totals $88,000 monetary value into the Sport & Recreation industry.
· We have delivered social inclusion training to over 1,560 people
· We have recorded over 4,750 attendances at events and community initiatives supported by Inclusion WA
· We were nominated as finalists in two categories of the Community Services Excellence Awards (CSEA): Outstanding Commitment to Citizenship Empowerment and Local Government and Community Services Collaboration.
· We won the category of Community Event of the Year at the Department of Sport & Recreation Industry Awards for our partnership with the City of Bayswater and the popular ‘Have a Go Day’ event.
We would like to take a moment to say thank you to all of the sporting clubs, community groups, service providers, local government authorities and individuals who have played a role in our 2016 journey.
Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! We look forward to sharing our exciting plans for the new year with you in the coming months… watch this space!
Denver, Ciara, Kristee & Jacqui
Inclusion WA Sport & Community Development Team
The best events and activities in the south-west over the coming months.
Seven years in the making
Back in my day, 7 years ago, Inclusion WA was better known as Recreation Sport and Network.
My Kitchen, My Rules!
Introducing Mirza – Mirza has worked his way up in the world, one gourmet dish at a time.